[How to article] Trademark Infringement on Facebook

How to remove content infringing on a trademark

Step 1: Open a web browser of your choice and navigate to Trademark Report Form | Facebook to begin filing a trademark infringement report.

Step 2: If the report is only infringing on your trademark, select the first option

Step 3: Under “relationship to the rights owner” select if you are the trademark owner, or if you are authorized to represent someone else to act on trademark infringement

*Please note that without a legal documentation, you are unable to report on behalf of someone else’s trademark.

Step 4: If you selected “I am the rights owner” in step 3, please fill out the form with your information

Step 5: Provide details about your trademark

Step 6: For the attachment, please select “Choose Files” and upload a screenshot of your trademark from the trademark database website (i.e USPTO, WIPO, etc)

Step 7: If you have additional trademarks you would like including in the report please select the box “I have additional trademarks.”

Step 8: Provide details about the additional trademarks

Step 9: For the “content you want to report,” Select where you found the infringing content.

Step 10A: If it is a photo, video or post, select that box and give details on where the content can be found and why it is infringing.

Step 10B: If the infringing content is found on an ad, select that box and provide more detail about where the ad can be found

Step 10C: If the trademark is being used as a username, select that box and provide more detail to Facebook on whether you would like to claim the username or remove it from the page. If you would like to claim it, select the box and provide appropriate details.

Step 11: Add a screenshot to show the abuse taking place.

Step 12: If you believe in good faith that all the information provided is correct, sign your name and select submit.

*Facebook will send you an automatic reply stating that they received your report

*Facebook typically takes 24-72hours to review the report and takedown trademark infringement.